01 02 03 Good Food Trips: M+S Cafe Will Turn You Into a Morning Person 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

M+S Cafe Will Turn You Into a Morning Person

34
Nearly a month ago, I decided to stop blogging because I was no longer happy with what I was doing. I kept comparing my blog with the blogs of other people and I felt so inferior despite doing my best to write good articles. I was decided to stop blogging completely, until an anonymous person left a few comments on a previous post and told me to get in touch with her. When I did, I got to know her and she told me about how they appreciated my blog post. Even though they've been in business for quite some time, there isn't a lot of blogs about them. So after meeting up with her, I found myself a new direction for my blog and a new inspiration to keep doing what I'm doing.

Over the weekend, hubby and I went about with our regular routine when it was our day off. We decided to go out for breakfast, like we've done several times before. While choosing where to go, I came across a Facebook page for a newly opened cafe that was literally a few steps from our house. We decided to explore this new cafe called M+S Cafe.


Looking at its Facebook page, I immediately knew I would like the place; especially with the interior they used. But when I paid a visit to the cafe, I didn't know I would appreciate it even more.

Interior





The cafe follows a pretty organic theme with its use of natural wood for its furniture and the bounty of fresh herbs and other plants in small pots throughout the cafe. The walls are filled with small framed quotes, printed out in a modern calligraphy font. Since the cafe is on the ground floor of a condotel, they serve as a convenience store with a number of food items and other necessities you can purchase on a whim.


The seats are pretty comfortable but are limited, considering the cafe has a small space. There are only a couple of tables that can seat four diners, as well as a wooden ledge that could probably fit around 5-6 people. Instead of air conditioning, the cafe allows air to flow in and out of the cafe naturally. To help cool the air, there are electric fans available.

Food

For such an Instagram-worthy restaurant, you'd think the cafe would be pretty pricey. This surprised us actually, since we were expecting the cafe to have exorbitant prices like the other breakfast places in the city. But after looking at the menu, I was so pleased that M+S has reasonable prices on its all-day breakfast and coffee options.


My hubby ordered the Smoked Ham and had the eggs prepared Sunny Side Up.

Smoked Ham (P105)
Meanwhile, I ordered their Corned Beef option and had the eggs prepared scrambled. I think they used 2 large eggs since I had a difficult time trying to consume it all.

Corned Beef (P120)
As for the coffee, hubby had the Brewed Coffee while I enjoyed a cup of Cafe Latte.

Brewed Coffee (P60)
Cafe Latte (P75)

The cafe offers Wi-Fi but no power outlets for you to charge your device, other than the outlets they have in their kitchen. But if you have some battery in your gadget, you can still enjoy staying in the cafe and using the Wi-Fi with a cup of coffee to keep you company.


M+S Cafe
Mabolo Garden Flats
Tres Borces St., Mabolo, Cebu City

For inquiries, call: (032) 263-1634
Operating hours: 
Monday to Saturday (closed on Sundays)
7:00 AM - 9:00 PM


Labels: , , , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38