01 02 03 Good Food Trips: Food Hack: McDonald's Chicken Fillet Italiana 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Food Hack: McDonald's Chicken Fillet Italiana

34

A few weeks ago (or has it already been months?), McDonald's came up with a new item on its menu. They called this product their Chicken Fillet Italiana since it had an Italian flair to it. I've never tasted this product before but based on what I've been told, it was a disappointment. A friend was able to try it out and said that it tasted like it was just chicken with McDonald's regular spaghetti sauce sans noodles. This prompted me to recreate the dish at home and experiment with it.

I have to add that I just wanted to be able to cook the chicken easily and make use of affordable ingredients. With no recipe to look at, I decided to just recreate the dish on my own and play it by ear. Surprisingly, the dish turned out delicious and affordable! I only had to use a few ingredients that were already in our pantry so it was easy to recreate this. I think you guys will have no trouble trying to cook this dish at home too!

Ingredients:

1 Chicken Breast Fillet, sliced in half
1 sachet Tomato Sauce Original Style
1 sachet Fried Chicken breading (you can use any breading you prefer)
Eden Cheese, grated
Basil
Thyme
1 Tbsp Sugar



Directions:


1. After you have cleaned the chicken breast fillet and sliced it in half, make sure to pat it dry with a paper towel.
2. Coat chicken in the breading. Cook each side until it turns golden brown.


3. Preheat oven to 350 F for 10 minutes.
4. While the chicken is being cooked, heat tomato sauce in a saucepan. Add some basil, thyme, and the sugar according to your liking. Wait until it starts becoming bubbly but make sure to stir it regularly so it doesn't burn in the pan. 


5. Once the chicken is cooked, transfer it to a baking pan. Coat the chicken with the tomato sauce mixture then top with grated cheese.

6. Bake for 10-15 minutes.
7. When baking time is finished, consume immediately.



That's it! It's very easy to make and I'm sure your kids will love it. Let me know how you enjoyed this food hack :)

Labels: , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38