01 02 03 Good Food Trips: Cafe Berry: Meet the New Kid in Town 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Cafe Berry: Meet the New Kid in Town

34

A new cafe has recently opened in Cebu and it's sure to be a hit for all who love Korean desserts. Cafe Berry is the latest Korean cafe that opened in the city. It is situated along Salinas Drive, a few minutes walk from the Cebu IT Park.



Just like the other Korean cafes in Cebu, Cafe Berry offers Snow dessertswhich are similar to Bingsu. They also have some toasts on display, which they intend to offer in the future. As for the drinks, they offer the usual coffee, tea, frappes, and other juices.

Don't be fooled-- these are artificial 
One of the highlights of the cafe is that they don't skimp out on electrical outlets. As a matter of fact, just about every table has an outlet next to it. For now, the only thing missing is Wi-Fi and they'll be sure to be the next favorite spot of many.


My friends were all able to take advantage of their "Take 1, Buy 1" promo. No, you're not reading it wrong. That is exactly what they posted on their glass door. Still, the right message comes across.

Did you spot it?


My friends tried the Snow dessert but were disappointed that it was bland. I noticed that they weren't given condensed milk along with their orders as other bingsu places typically would. I figured this could be the reason behind the bland taste.

Chocolate Snow
Another set of friends tried their Chocolate Banana Smoothie and found that it was too milky for their taste.

Chocolate Banana Smoothie
Personally, what I loved about Cafe Berry was not their coffee or their Snow. I absolutely loved their chocolate lava cake. I cannot remember the exact name of the cake as it's been a few weeks since we visited the cafe. But if you want to know what it was, here's a picture that you can show the cashier. Also, I'd love it if you can correct me on what the cake's name is.

The cake that launched a thousand forks
Anyway, I loved this cake because it was a reminiscent of Calea's Triple Chocolate Mousse. As you probably know by now, I'm from Bacolod and Calea is one of the best places in the entire world to go to for cakes. So seeing as to how I can compare Cafe Berry's cake with Calea really says a lot about it.

Other than the cake I ordered, Cafe Berry has a few other cake options available:

Rainbow Cake
Caramel Cake
Blueberry Cheesecake
The cake I loved... 
Cafe Berry is having its Buy 1 Take 1 promo until tomorrow, Sept. 30. It's only valid on their drinks and snow dessert though. But please, do try that cake and let me know if you like it too. And yes, please let me know the name.

Man, I love that cake.


Cafe Berry
Unit 103 K Bldg.
800 A Salinas Drive, Lahug, Cebu City
Operating Hours: 10:00 AM - 12:00 AM (will verify this)

Landmark: It's across Big Discounts & Tonyo's, which are found outside IT Park. 

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38