01 02 03 Good Food Trips: 10 Dove Street: Perfect for a Brunch Date 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

10 Dove Street: Perfect for a Brunch Date

34
With plenty of new restaurants emerging, it can be rare for an establishment to make an impression on its clientele; unless of course, the food is nothing short of spectacular. So much so that when the establishment closes, its loyal diners will try to hunt down the restaurant; or at least something similar to it. In the case of 10 Dove Street, its diners did not have to go very far. They simply have to go on a longer drive (when coming from Cebu city proper).



On my last day in Cebu, my blogger friend, Marco; invited me to have lunch with him one last time. He suggested the restaurant because it was newly opened. However, it was not entirely new. It was, in fact, a local favorite that recently moved to a different location.


Showing me their Facebook page, I was instantly in love with the lush interior and couldn't wait for our lunch. What greeted me on our visit, however, was far more than I expected!


Interior


The sight leading to the restaurant was a view on its own. I felt like I was transported to another place. It surely didn't feel like Cebu City-- moreover, Mandaue. Built with an intelligently adorned facade-- a welcoming entrance covered in uneven bricks, polished wood, and glass; greeted as I stood in awe. The iron-clad coffee table completed its welcome.

Ground Floor

Ground Floor

Ground Floor


Inside the two-storey establishment, hardwood floors filled the space; along with petite garden tables covered with a white tablecloth paved way for natural lighting. Its walls were adorned with frames and what-nots; complete with Cath Kidston inspired couches. The upper floor had a similar feel, except that it was more homey and inviting; a remnant of a French cafe. It was the perfect setting for an intimate date or a casual Sunday brunch with the family!

Second Floor

Second Floor

Second Floor

Food


Apart from the cozy and intelligently designed interior, the food in 10 Dove Street is definitely something to rave about; specifically the set menus offered. With plenty of items available on their menu, it can be quite difficult to choose just one dish. Thankfully, the creators of the restaurant have decided to create two set menu options so their diners can taste the best of what they had to offer.




Before you pick out your order, you have to choose between The 10 Dove Street Experience, a set menu inclusive of a soup, salad, sandwich, and dessert for only P250; or the Kitchen Favorites, a serving of a soup, entree, and dessert priced at P275. As I prefer to gauge it, I decide either on how hungry I am or how healthy I want my dish to be. Choosing the former, we decided to get the Kitchen Favorites option.


Tomato Cream Soup


For the soup, I ordered the Tomato Cream Soup, while Marco got the Cream of Corn Soup. My soup was a delicious blend of tomato puree and a light cream that perfected each other. Topped with a few croutons, it was just the right serving size to satisfy one's palate and not to fill the stomach.

Roast Beef Dylan


The entree was served next. My choice was the Roast Beef Dylan. Served on a large plate, my roast beef came in a bowl along with a cup of plain rice and a siding of sliced cucumbers, perfect for a hot day. Although the beef was tender, I felt a bit disappointed as I expected the meat to be coated with the usual roast beef gravy.

Awesome Burger Steak  (no really, that's what it was called)

Marco's order, the Awesome Burger Steak, proved true to its name. It was a juicy portion of ground beef covered with the right amount of gravy; served with the same plain rice and siding of sliced cucumbers. Yum!


The service was spot on. Waiting just before we were satisfied with our meals, the waiter would approach us and ask permission before taking away our plates. Before I knew it, it was time for dessert and the realization that it was my last meal with Marco and my last lunch in Cebu dawned on me. Marco ordered the Berry Citrus Cake, a divine medley of sweet and citrusy flavors infused together to rid any remaining taste on our palate.

Berry Citrus Cake

Meanwhile, my deconstructed Decadence cake, proved to be surprisingly good despite its unsightly appeal. It proved true to the quote 'Don't judge a book by its cover.' Chocolatey, moist, and full of rich flavors-- mmm... This was how decadence truly felt like.

Decadence

Decadence

Decadence

Coincidentally, it was my bittersweet farewell; unconsciously epitomized on the two cakes we ordered. Until my next return to Cebu, I shall be keeping 10 Dove Street on one of my restaurants to re-visit! And you should too!


10 Dove Street is now located at Oakridge Business Park, 880 A.S. Fortuna Street, Mandaue City, Cebu. They are open from Mondays to Sundays at 10:00 am to 10:00 pm. For inquiries and reservations, call 032 4181010.

Labels: , , ,

35 36 37 38